Monday, February 13, 2012

My Grammys Top 5

Okay, so I wasn't able to watch the Grammy Awards due to piled up errands, and I was feeding myself from tweets from friends who had watched it. So when I got the chance, I hurriedly checked out who wore what on the red carpet. And so, Im creating my own top 5 looks.

First on my list is Taylor Swift in Zuhair Muhad

I'm not a fan, though there are a few songs of hers that I do sing from time to time. But hey, Ain't she lovely in her dress? At first glance I thought it was Nicole Kidman. Nice of her to put her hair up, so that the focus would be on her dress. I love those intricate details on what she's wearing, Plus it blends so well with her skin tone! She's definitely graduated from the "pop star" look, and has now freshly entered the "superstar look".

Second is Carrie Underwood in Gomez-Garcia

Upfront it looks so simple, that her natural beauty sparkles even more than her gown. I also love the messy-bun she did. And accessorized with a simple pair of earrings and a clutch. But the thing that I liked most about what she wore was the back details on her gown. It's not the typical full-backless type. Its so chic and unique! :)

Next up is the forever fashionable Paris Hilton in Basil Soda
It's nice to see her more mature now, not just in how she behaves and all, but also with choice in fashion. This piece is so laid-back, ye elegant and classic at the same time. I love the lace details on this dress. And once again, white + gold accessories never fails! Thank you dear Greek gods and goddesses for that style inspiration.

4th on my list is Kelly Osbourne in Tony Ward
 Here's another who "matured" in terms of fashion. I remember in the previous red carpet events a few years ago, I would always ask myself: "What was she wearing?". Thank God she finally saw the light, and stepped out of her "I want to be a rock&roll icon too like my daddy" look, and opted for the more elegant path.

This dress is just wow! From the color, to the ruffle details.. and that accent on the armhole and neckline!! Well, what can I say, I'm a sucker for one-shoulder pieces. Usually I would comment negatively with weird hair colors, but with this one, I think she pulled it off.

Lastly, the ethereal beauty of Alicia Keys in Alexandre Vauthier

If I were to create a list of my girl crushes (which gives me an idea for a possible next blog post, hehe), she would be on that list. She's so beautiful, she doesn't even have to try to be one. Okay enough of that, let's go to her look. Nice to see her in an adrogynous vibe this time. An all black ensemble with only her necklace, shoes and her hair style as accessories! Genius! :)

 So, what do you think of my list? Agree? I'd love to hear from you! Share with me your own top5 too. :)







No comments:

Post a Comment